Skip to main content

The blank page

The blank page

Staring at me like that

Taunting me

What do you know, bitch?

Do you have anything to say?

Or are you as clueless as everyone else?

You think you can create something new

Tough luck, there’s nothing new under the sun


Why are you so aggressive?

I’m just expressive

I just don’t know how to get started

I’m stumped


That’s bullshit

A piece of excrement

You’re just waiting

For inspiration to strike

When all along

You have the inspiration like a song


Huh? That doesn’t make sense

Full of rhyme but no reason

An aimless warrior with no compass

Running around with nowhere to run


Well at least it got you going

Slinging mud on the wall

Hoping something sticks

Having fun but no utility


What is this obsession with utility?

Why not just sling mud for its own sake?

Get messy for no other reason

but fun itself


Okay, you had fun!

That’s what matters

Does it matter if it helps anyone?

The one you should help is yourself


I really don’t know what I’m talking about

I’m just shouting at the sky

Knowing it’s saved in the cloud

Hoping it makes sense later


Comments